Monday, May 30, 2011

What's going on here?

I am slowly migrating this blog over from another service, post by post. As I cut and paste them all in, I will mark them with the date they were originally published.

From Oct 19, 2009

The idea of Cottage Economy comes from William Cobbet (1762-1835). In 1821 he published his book of the same name. In it he instructs the reader in practical self sufficiency. From baking and brewing, raising animals for meat, milk, eggs, hides and wool along with growing fruits and vegetables.

I will post on these topics as I can. I do many of these things myself. I have made it my goal to retire when I am 55. (which is only 4 years away) No I won’t be eligible for social security at that age, but I have a plan, which I will post more about later. For the moment it suffices to say that my plan requires I really pay attention to every penny that comes to my hand. Benjamin Franklin said “A penny saved is a penny earned”.

This blog will help keep me on my toes and keep me focused in the right direction. so I hope you follow along through my successes and failures as I try out my new plans and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment